About Gist Healthcare:
Based in Washington, DC, Gist Healthcare is a membership-based strategy firm that works with healthcare organizations over time to transform their delivery and relationship model.
We believe in a new vision for healthcare, built around member (consumer) value – care that is accessible, affordable, reliable, and personal for every patient and consumer.
Gist collaborates with leaders across healthcare to create a new roadmap with new priorities for the shift to Member Value. We accelerate change and push past conventional thinking by providing our members with strategic advice from experts they trust.
The Vice President, Content will be an integral member of a growing team at Gist Healthcare delivering our membership-based advisory service. In this capacity, the Vice President, Content will primarily work with Gist’s senior leaders. As an industry thought leader, the Vice President, Content, will analyze ongoing events and development in healthcare business, policy and care delivery and apply Gist’s point of view to these updates. This person will also lead the creation and curation of Gist’s content for all member- and prospect-facing presentations.
The Vice President, Content will further her/his thought leadership by (on occasion) delivering Gist’s content onsite to member audiences at conferences, retreats, boarding meetings, and other convenings.
As our first role exclusively focused on content, the Vice President, Content, will create and execute Gist’s content strategy, which includes growing and managing Gist’s content team to support organizational growth.
This role is based at Gist Healthcare’s Washington DC headquarters. We expect this role to entail approximately 5-10% travel.
- Research and condense current themes in healthcare into a coherent narrative
- Create presentation slides and graphics that reflect Gist’s “take” on current events in healthcare and their implications for Gist’s membership and the broader healthcare industry
- Develop relationships with key executive-level contacts to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of a variety of data sets for relevant trends and conclusions
- Identify and test new data and information sources to support creation of leading-edge content and perspectives
- Present Gist content onsite to members or at conferences
- Apply Gist’s point of view to provide customized guidance to members
- Field custom research inquiries from Gist members
- Identify and design future roles on Content team
- Manage and career path other Content team members
- Hire and onboard new Content team members
- At least 7 years of experience working in healthcare, preferably with providers (i.e. physicians and health systems)
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and interacting with executive-level clients
- Deep knowledge of US healthcare
- Ability to condense larger trends into a compelling narrative
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and creation of graphics
- Comfort working in Microsoft Excel to manipulate and interpret data
- Intense curiosity and strong independent working style
- Ability to apply a structured approach to test and evaluate information sources
- Experience in capturing essential process/conversation steps, and translating them into frameworks that can be applied in subsequent approaches
- Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and adapt to changing internal and member demands
- Experience in acquiring and mastering a new topic/area
- Proven approach in developing a content strategy
- Experience in planning, hiring, onboarding, and managing a team.