About Gist Healthcare:
Gist Healthcare is a membership-based strategy firm that works with healthcare organizations over time to transform their delivery, governance, and relationship models.
Gist believes in a new vision for healthcare, built around consumer value – care that is accessible, affordable, reliable, and personal for every consumer. We accelerate change and push past conventional thinking by providing our members with strategic advice from experts they trust.
We have a unique perspective on the forces impacting healthcare delivery in the US: Through our different service offerings, we advise health system executives on setting strategy, support health system Boards of Directors in steering their organizations through the COVID-era and beyond, and distill news and policy updates into a succinct daily podcast and weekly newsletter.
Gist is headquartered in Washington, DC but operates as a remote-organization with team members based throughout the country.
The Sales and Account Management Associate is an entry-level role designed to provide candidates with a passion for healthcare a window into the multifaceted world of healthcare strategy and operations.
On a daily basis, the Associate will coordinate and support the delivery of Gist’s membership services and, in doing so, will work closely with Gist senior leaders and the senior leaders of Gist’s health system member organizations. As part of a growing and dynamic firm, the Sales and Account Management Associate will also have the opportunity to help define, operate, and iterate how Gist works with its members, participate in the process of acquiring new members, and take ownership of discrete operational and strategic projects to help Gist evolve.
A successful individual in this role will master working in a fast-paced environment, deliver an outstanding, executive-level client experience, and execute on projects and tasks independently and, sometimes, under ambiguity. Individuals with a passion for learning will receive ample opportunities to take in Gist’s perspective on the changing healthcare landscape and its implications on healthcare delivery in the United States.
- Proactively strategize with Gist senior leaders to create and maintain a consistent cadence of value-added interactions with the senior-level main points of contacts at member organizations
- Update and maintain Member Health Dashboards to provide Gist senior leaders with actionable intelligence for member interactions and upcoming contract renewal strategy
- Own end-to-end coordination for virtual Gist Member Discussions (technical webinar management, member recruitment, and execution)
- Engage in ongoing process improvement to help Gist better understand its newsletter, podcast, and member audiences
- Manage discrete operational projects (which may include content management, HR, technology solutions, operational process improvement, etc.)
- Schedule and coordinate Gist Member interactions, including phone calls, meetings, webinars, etc.
- Research and record member information and interactions in Salesforce
- Support the launch of new Gist memberships and new member acquisition activities as needed
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1 years of post-undergraduate work experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the US healthcare system
- Experience managing client relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to work hard and overcome obstacles
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious
- Flexible working with colleagues remotely
- Fluency with technology to streamline operations (Salesforce.com, Asana, Calendly, Google Drive, MS Office Suite, and other similar tools/platforms)
This role is remote. Gist largely operates on Eastern Time.
What Gist Healthcare offers its team members:
- Ability to positively impact the healthcare experience for millions of patients
- Engaging interactions with Gist senior leaders and senior leaders all across healthcare
- Regular discussions on current events in healthcare
- Competitive salaries including bonuses
- 401(k) match
- 20 paid vacation days
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexibility and a focus on work-life balance
- Casual dress code
- Cover Letter (in the Cover Letter, please describe what you perceive is the biggest problem with the American healthcare system)