About Gist Healthcare:
Based in Washington, DC, Gist Healthcare is a membership-based strategy firm that works with healthcare organizations over time to transform their delivery and relationship model.
We believe in a new vision for healthcare, built around member (consumer) value – care that is accessible, affordable, reliable, and personal for every patient and consumer.
Gist collaborates with leaders across healthcare to create a new roadmap with new priorities for the shift to Member Value. We accelerate change and push past conventional thinking by providing our members with strategic advice from experts they trust.
The Consultant, Member Insight will be an integral member of a growing team at Gist Healthcare delivering a membership-based advisory service.
One component of the role includes supporting the curation, creation, and updating of Gist’s content for member- and prospect-facing presentations by researching and analyzing ongoing events and developments in healthcare business, policy and care delivery, and applying Gist’s point of view to these updates.
A second key component of the role incorporates supporting the delivery of Gist’s membership advisory service. This includes both owning logistical coordination of key Gist membership events, and supporting the collection, analysis and synthesis of qualitative and quantitative information on the critical factors impacting health system strategy. This requires both a thoughtful approach to delivering professional services as well as a commitment to a high standard of delivery.
- Research and condense current themes in healthcare into a coherent narrative
- Prepare member deliverables in PowerPoint or other media
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of a variety of data sets for relevant trends and conclusions
- Create presentation slides and graphics that reflect Gist’s “take” on current events in healthcare and their implications for Gist’s membership and the broader healthcare industry
- Support the creation of Gist’s weekly newsletter and other insights articles
- Provide logistical support for coordinating member interactions as needed
- Deep understanding of broad healthcare dynamics including economics, policy, and politics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in healthcare, MHA/MPP/MPH a plus
- Ability to create and present client-ready deliverables in PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in data analysis within Excel
- Experience managing client projects
- Capable of working independently and balancing concurrent projects
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious
- Flexible working with colleagues remotely
- Bachelor’s degree required