About Gist Healthcare:
Gist Healthcare is a membership-based strategy consulting firm that works with senior executives at healthcare organizations over time to analyze the complex—and often conflicting—forces affecting healthcare, distill what matters, and deliver guidance.
We believe in a new vision for healthcare, built around member value – care that is accessible, affordable, reliable, and personal for every patient and consumer. We accelerate change and push past conventional thinking by providing our members with insights and strategic advice from experts they trust.
The Director, Member Insight will be an integral member of a growing team at Gist Healthcare that is delivering a membership-based advisory service. In this capacity, this individual will work directly with Gist’s senior leaders, but also in a very collaborative role across the team.
The Director will support the curation, creation, and updating of Gist’s content for member- and prospect-facing presentations by researching and analyzing ongoing events and developments in healthcare business, policy and care delivery, and applying Gist’s point of view to these updates. This individual will also support the delivery of Gist’s membership advisory service, which involves working with individual Gist members directly on more customized requests, assessments, or other projects. This executive-facing role requires both a thoughtful approach to delivering professional services as well as a commitment to a high standard of insight creation and communication.
The position is full-time and employee location is flexible. Some travel may be required as needed from time to time, though this is not a travel-heavy role.
- Research and condense current themes in healthcare into a coherent narrative
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of a variety of data sets for relevant trends and conclusions
- Create presentation slides and graphics that reflect Gist’s “take” on current events in healthcare, as well as their implications for Gist’s membership and the broader healthcare industry
- Support the creation of Gist’s weekly newsletter and other insights articles
- Collaborate with Gist Healthcare senior leaders to push thinking
- Identify ways for the Member Insight team to increase its scope, as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers value
- Contribute to company growth planning and strategy discussions
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/MHA/MPP/MPH a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in healthcare, though candidates with more seniority may be assessed for a Senior Director version of this role
- Deep understanding of healthcare business and policy news, as well as current market trends
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize larger trends into a compelling narrative and generate insights for senior health system leaders
- Expertise and creative interest in depicting data, insights, and frameworks graphically in PowerPoint slides
- Experience developing member relationships and managing specific member projects
- Comfort with a variety of research methods, including primary interviews
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated facility in writing and editing prose that is clear, concise, and engaging
- Capable of working independently and balancing different types of projects concurrently
- Comfort working on a small, collaborative, remote team
- Self-starter who takes appropriate initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility
Pay and benefits
- Market-competitive salary, based on tenure and experience, with 20% annual bonus potential
- Generous paid time off, including all federal holidays
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Please email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter.